4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 9:22 AM by Mary Posner

InDesign cutting in line

EMletterpress

Hi All.

First, thanks for all your great answers. I've never actually had to post a questions before.

My problem is 'just' an annoyance, but a major one.

Problem: When I open a document, it opens in front of other work I'm doing.

Example: double click Indesign doc, go to write an email while it opens, after a little bit (or more than a little bit) Indesign forces itself to the the front of mail stopping work in that application.

It would be less annoying if Indesign was ready to work when it forces itself to the front of the action, but I have to wait while the document actually becomes visible.

Question: How do I prevent InDesign (and all CS apps) from taking over while I work on other apps?

I'm not afraid of getting into Terminal to change something small, but I wouldn't know where to start.

I've used the featured search function to no avail. This happens in Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.

I work in all of the Creative Suite products all day every day (Printshop production, lots of balls in the air) my flow is suffering.

Thanks a bunch

-mat

CS 5.5 Mac

Mac Mini

2Gb Ram

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

OS 10.6.8