4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2011 12:35 PM by Jim_Simon

    Why am I getting black footage during & after rendering, after the end of video in CS5?

    computerskillme Level 1

      This just started and is completely odd.  When I go to render my clips, I export them to the Adobe Media Encoder, and then when all of them are there, I click on 'start queue.'  The videos take all day to render, (I tried rendering four clips to Windows Media Player format, and each clip is about 30 minutes in length), and there is an additional hour of black footage after the end of the video.

       

      I looked at my project, hitting the 'home' and 'end' keys to make sure that the end of the video ends where it is supposed to end.  I made sure that all the eyes are showing in the project too.  In the 'export' area, I make sure that the work area has the same timeline as my project.

       

      Still a ton of black footage is created.  So I did a test with 50 seconds of footage.  And it claims to take an hour to render, and as I'm looking over, it's now rendering black footage.  What is going on?

       

      Here is the settings that I'm doing for the video clips, as I run a VOD (video on demand) website.  (So if you see something I could be doing better with the settings, please let me know, thanks!).

       

      Output:  720x480, Upper

      96 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo VBR

      Compressed, VBR, 2 Pass, Audiences: 1, Avg 1500.00 kbps

       

      Source: Sequence, TITLE

      1440x1080 (1.333), 29.97 fps, Upper, 00;00;50;13

      48000 Hz, Stereo

       

      Audience: High Bandwidth

       

      Filters Tab - nothing checked

       

      Audiences Tab - Output: Compressed, Average Kbps: Variable

       

      Video Tab -

      Codec: Windows Media Video 9

      Allow interlaced processing (checked)

      Encoding Passes: Two (checked)

      Bitrate Mode: Variable Unconstrained

      Frame Width: 720 x 480 (locked)

      Frame Rate: 29.97

      Pixel Aspect Ratio: D1/DV NTSC Widescreen 16:9 (1.2121)

      Advanced Settings - Decocder Complexity: Auto and Keyframe Interval 5 seconds

      Use Maximum Render Quality (checked)

       

      Audio Tab -

      Bitrate Settings - Encoding Passes: Two (checked)

      Bitrate Mode: Variable Unconstrained

      Basic Audio Settings - Codec: Windows Media Audio 9.2 and Audio Format: 96 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo VBR

       

       

      For the project, there is only one sequence.  Video Display Format is Timecode. Capture Format: HDV.  Video Rendering and Playback Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration.  3 video tracks, 3 audio tracks.

      Sequence Preset: HDV 1080i30 (60i)

       

      For the raw video itself, it is 1920x1080, Frame Rate: 29 frames/second, Data Rate: 21686 kbps, Total Bitrate: 21942 kbps

       

      For my computer:

      Local Disk C: 22.2 GB free of 111 GB

      Local Disk G: (which all my videos are on and get rendered on) 1.9 TB free of 6.36 TB

      Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU   950 X 3.07 3.07 GHz

      Running Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1

      Installled Memory (RAM): 24.0 GB

      64-bit Operating System

       

      I hope that this is everything that's needed.  If I'm missing something, please let me know.  I've been making vods for years.  I've never had this happen before.