1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 11:16 AM by roymeo_

Native extensions

Ben Danis Level 1

I am trying to test out the native extensions and am having the biggest problems with every precompiled package i try.  Wondering if I am doing anything wrong

I am simply trying to use the Vibration example that is provided by Adobe.

When i try to run in debug mode (with iPad simulator)

com.adobe.nativeExtensions::Vibration is not defined

Although i've added the Vibration AS library as a library path and added the ANE to the Native Extensions.

If i try to package to a device.  Then i get Java errors

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unable to find named traits: com.adobe.nativeExtensions::Vibration

at adobe.abc.Domain.resolveTypeName(Domain.java:231)

at adobe.abc.Domain.resolveTypeName(Domain.java:148)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.sccp_eval(GlobalOptimizer.java:6665)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.sccp_analyze(GlobalOptimizer.java:5909)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.sccp(GlobalOptimizer.java:4628)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.optimize(GlobalOptimizer.java:3514)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.optimize(GlobalOptimizer.java:2215)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.optimizeABCs(LLVMEmitter.java:526)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.generateBitcode(LLVMEmitter.java:336)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.AOTCompiler.convertAbcToLlvmBitcodeImpl(AOTCompiler.java:472)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.BitcodeGenerator.main(BitcodeGenerator.java:82)

Compilation failed while executing : ADT

Was the package provided by Adobe not meant to run on a Mac or iOS?

If i try repackaging with only iOS, same story, it cannot run in debug mode on my desktop. And the IPA simply keeps a blank screen.

I'm trying to set up a workflow that will make it easy for Obj C and AS3 programmers to work together.  Has anyone achieved that yet?