4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 4:23 PM by the_wine_snob

how to crop

LightPainting2

I'm wondering how to do this:

http://vimeo.com/33408804

I'm using Premiere Pro 5.5 on a WINDOWS system

• 1. Re: how to crop
          Level 4

read up a little ( help files and threads here ) about motion / scale / position...

good luck !

• 2. Re: how to crop
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Rod points out, Keyframing the Fixed Effects>Motion>Scale, and Motion>Position, will do just what you want. The Fixed Effects are always assigned to any Video Clip and include Motion (Scale & Position), Rotation, Opacity, etc.

The Keyframing is most easily done from the Effects Control Panel (not to be confused with the Effects Panel, which lists all Effects that can be applied to a Clip - the Fixed Effects are already there, and the Effects Control Panel allows you to control them).

With the Fixed Effects>Motion & Scale, the Project's Frame Size will effectively crop the footage. Now, if you were to do a PiP (Picture in Picture), the Scale would be smaller, so one would see background around it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: how to crop
              LightPainting2 Level 1

Any chance you could post a quick screen video capture illustrating this?

• 4. Re: how to crop
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that I can do better than that - take a look at this ADOBE TV TUTORIAL on Animating with Keyframes.

Good luck,

Hunt