4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2008 1:38 PM by krisk58

clairgorm

krisk58
      I am trying to move up from flex 1.5 to 3

Is new release clairgorm framework planned for flex 3 (last one I saw was 2.1)

I really like that framework , now it is from Adobe labs

Sould I use 2.1 version for flex 3 etc...

I will appreciate any comments

thank you very much
        • 1. Re: clairgorm
          slaingod Level 1
          It works fine as is with Flex 3. I think there are some changes coming, but these more relate to cairngorm itself than flex sdk version.
          • 2. clairgorm
            bitwyse Level 1
            I too am unable to get my existing cairngorm application to run once compiled in FB 3.0.

I had to add fds.swc to get it to compile yet, I get numerous warnings like this one:

3604: You should now use one of the strongly typed methods for returning a service. CairngormEIS/com/psc/eis/business GetASUpdatesDelegate.as line 31

When I run the appliation I get the following error when the first web service is called:

Cannot find definition for type 'urn:DefaultNamespace:::ProjectControls'

I tried using the wsdl importer but was unable to figure out how to implement all the generated classes into my existing application.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

STeveR
            • 3. Re: clairgorm
              slaingod Level 1
              I did have to make a number of changes to my existing Cairngorm applications as well (particularly with Resource bundles), but they shouldn't be an issue for a new project. There are 2 versions of Cairngorm now I believe, one for Flex Data Services, one without. I have no experience with the FDS stuff.
              • 4. Re: clairgorm
                krisk58 Level 1
                thank you very much for comments.

i will post info as i go - still dogged in c++

:-)