2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2011 6:36 PM by the_wine_snob

Another damn Newbie.......

NCRoadRunner

Clips...... There has to be a way (easy???) to generate/create and save them from Elements.... I have been thrashing around all afternoon trying to take a portion of an existing video clip out an make it a clip I can use in another project. I've worn out the user guide looking....... Baby steps please, I'm tired......

Thanks, Henri

• 1. Re: Another damn Newbie.......
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, my books tell you how. In living color too!

http://Muvipix.com/pe10.php

To output video for a standard definition project, use Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset. Video of this output type will work perfectly in a project set up for DV.

To output video for a high-definition project, use Share/Computer/MPEG with the 1440x1080 30i preset. Video of this output type will work perfectly in a project set up for HDV.

• 2. Re: Another damn Newbie.......
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a Clip on the Timeline in one Project, and wish to edit, and then use it in another, you can set the WAB (Work Area Bar) to limit the Export/Share to just a portion of the Timeline, and then Import that resultant file into a new Project. See this ARTICLE for more info on the WAB.

As there are some considerations, when doing intermediate files, for additional editing, this ARTICLE might be useful to you.

Good luck, and for some learning resources for PrE, please see this ARTICLE.

Hunt