Flash Player fails to Install

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Forum,

Here is my situation

- I have an iMAC G5 ( 6 years old) OS X 10.5.8

- About two weeks ago, I was on Facebook and could not open any of the youtube or otehr videos posted by members

- Message said " Flash Player upgrade required"  

- So, I went to Flash download website but find out that for my system (Power PC 10.5.8) I have to go to the old archived download module

but there are a whole bunch  10.1, 10.9, 10.1.64, 10.1.xxx and so on.

- I tried downloading 10.1 Flash Player on my MAC but it bombs out every time during install....ie. around 50% compeltion it just says "Install Failed"

- To make matters worse, in the midst of this confusion, I accidentally 'uninstalled' the flash player that I originally had, so now, I cannot see any You Tube videos !!!!

- My only hope is to drag my computer to an Apple store and get their help.

- I do not have any kind of a Firewall, I have enabled 'Plug-ins' in my Safari Browser, .....the only security i have is my Wi-Fi is Password protected.

Any ideas please....I am going around in endless loops.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a same boat. Lately Flash Player has been giving me alot of problems, either stopping mid play and glitching out, getting the exclamation mark and unable to play anything or saying I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player which my computer already has installed. When I attempt to install if stops at 50% and says unable to complete and asks to close internet explorer. Even if I close it, it never completes. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im trying to download flash player 11 but keep getting error message, "cannot connect to reliable source"

Im running windows 7 64bit

i have internet explorer 9 64bit

i currently have no flash player

I download the installer, then start running it and it gets to different stages but the message usually pops up around 18 percent

Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete any install_flashplayer11x64ax_gtbd_aih.exe files.

Download this:

Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Exit browser.

Uninstall any Flash Player installed.

Reboot.

Install downloaded file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kinger85 wrote:

Hi, im trying to download flash player 11 but keep getting error message, "cannot connect to reliable source"

Im running windows 7 64bit

i have internet explorer 9 64bit

i currently have no flash player

I download the installer, then start running it and it gets to different stages but the message usually pops up around 18 percent

Can you help?

This problem is caused by the AV you have installed. Most security apps of this nature incorporate web shields, file shields and the like. It's the file scanner which is the biggest culprit since it springs into action as soon as you attempt to install an executable. This interferes with the installation leading to file corruption further down the line.

If you're running AVAST, right click the orange icon in systray and choose to disable all shields for one hour. Then proceed as follows:

1. Download the uninstaller from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html Choose "Save" and save it somewhere you can find it again. Do not choose "Run". You'll need to uninstall it again because your current installation is corrupt.
  2. Close the browser before you run the uninstaller. When it finishes, reboot.
  3. Once the system reboots to the desktop, disable those file shields again.
  4. Next, go to http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_64bit.exe
  5. Click "Run" when you see the prompt to install immediately.

Here are some examples of similar cases where this approach worked:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines