5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 2:34 AM by nealeh

Frank Sinatra

julius49

he is in CDA format which audCITY does not do

I want to start            with                my kind of town

The groom and his guesr ar     from ChicAGO

• 1. Re: Frank Sinatra
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If Audacity cannot rip from that CD-Audio, then it is very likely Copy Protected. See if you can find that song on one of the online stores, like Rapsody, or iTunes. Audacity can rip almost all CDA (CD-Audio), except where Copy Protected.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Frank Sinatra
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

iTunes and Windows Media Player are both free and they too will rip audio from a CD in various formats. Although, as Bill says, the WAV file is the audio format most easily digested by Premiere Elements and the free download Audacity will convert almost any audio format to it.

• 3. Re: Frank Sinatra
              nealeh Level 5

Are you sure about that Bill? My version of Audacity (Portable) 1.3.13 Beta doesn't.

2.png

I always use 'Exact Audio Copy' to rip CD's and then either Magix Audio Cleaning Lab or Audacity for post processing.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Frank Sinatra
                the_wine_snob Level 9

My older version, 1.2.6,hasnot had any issues ripping CD-Audio discs.

Now, I normally use Adobe Auditon 3, so cannot tell about later versions. It does balk with certain Copy Protected material though.

I have also ripped from CD-Audio to iTunes, and then worked from there, but it is not my standard workflow.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Frank Sinatra
                  nealeh Level 5

They must have dabbled in it at some time and then removed the feature. There are Audacity forum posts from 2007 concerning the extraction issues. The current  Audacity Wiki entry refers to the lack of a ripper feature and recommends another GPL (free) tool CDEX.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children