1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2011 1:32 PM by ~graffiti

Before Adobe 10 I could open PDFs in paint but how do I do it with Adobe 10?

DeLacy-sensei

Over the weekend my computer updated from adobe 9 reader to adobe 10.  I'm a teacher and I upload pdfs into my smartboard type device, but since I can't write on the pdfs, I converted them into paint first so that I could write on them in real time with my students.  Now with 10, I can't find a way to open my pdfs in paint so that I can write on them with my smartboard pen.  Is there a way to open them in paint still?  If not, is there a way to go back to adobe 9?  Most of my lessons are in PDFs so it's crippling not to be able to open them in paint.  Thank you for any advice you could suggest.

• 1. Re: Before Adobe 10 I could open PDFs in paint but how do I do it with Adobe 10?
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How did you open them in paint to begin with? Reader would have nothing to do with that.

If you were double clicking them and they opened in Paint, that would be because you had your systems file associations set to use Paint to open PDF's. When you installed Reader, it would have changed those associations back to itself.

You can change your associations or if paint let's you open PDF's, just open paint and use File>Open to open a PDF.

If none of this is related to your issue, please be a little more detailed with your issue.