You mentioned that you are opening existing PowerPoint presentation in Adobe Presenter 7.0.7. Please let me know following detail:-
1) You created presentation using which version of Adobe Presenter? Was it created using Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 or older version
2) Is it PPT or PPTX.
3) Also please mention Office Version and OS
Thank you for your quick reply. Here are the answers to your questions.
1. The file I'm having issues with was not created using any version of Presenter. It is simply a PowerPoint file.
2. The file is a PPT not PPTX.
3. I am running Windows7 and Office 2010.
I think I might have found the solution to the problem. I opened the PPT file and saved it as a PPTX file. Then I clicked the Presenter option in the PowerPoint toolbar and was able to select different Presenter options with no issues. I opened other PPTX files and I did not get the error window stating 'PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe presenter powerpoint com addin' add-in'.
This seems to work. So, it appears that any PPT file needs to be saved as a PPTX file before using Presenter. If you have another solution that I might be able to keep in my back pocket (in case this happens again and what I did does not work), then please answer. Otherwise, I'm good now.