8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 11:57 AM by t buss

recently started using raid 0 on 6 month old build and now mouse freezes?

James G Maker Level 1

Yesterday I wanted to get started doing some video editing.  I built my system eariler this year with help from many on this board.

Build specs:

Windows 7-64

Intel i7-2600K @ 4.7GHz

Asus P8P67 Pro (B3 stepping)

Two G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL kits (16GB total)

Samsung F4 320GB (HD322J/U) (OS drive)

Two Samsung F3 1TB (HD103SJ) in RAID 0 (Media drive)

Two Samsung F3 1TB (HD103SJ) in RAID 0 (Output/previews/media cache)

1 LG Blu-ray burner

Antec TruePower New 750W Blue PSU

MSI N560GTX-TI

Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced case

Haven't had the time to do any video editing until now.  I have not used the 2 raid 0 drives until yesterday.  Overall the system has been working fine.  I had stored a bunch of videos on the OS drive and it started to take up too much space.  After digging around here to find out where to put the pagefile and what size it should be, I moved all the movie files to a backup Green drive that's plugged in through esata and then copied from the green backup to the raid 0 media drive.  Seemed to work ok at first.  I verified that all my videos were stored on the backup and the raid 0 media drive.  Then I deleted the videos from my C: drive.  After boucing around to the different drives and playing the videos through windows the mouse started freezing.  Tried ctl-alt-del to open Task Manager and finally got the window to open but at the top it said windows not responding.  I've had to use restart button several times as the system keeps freezing. 

Is there any possibility that the way I set up my raid has somehow caused my system to drive me loony?

I did install a new  Adobe flash player 11 yesterday morning before all this hit the fan.  This morning I uninstalled the player 11 and it still froze up just trying to look at the videos on the raid0 media drive.

Searching the net has found several tounge of toad and wing of bat recipes to help, but it seems I'm fresh out of bat wing.

Any help would be much appreciated.