Out of the box video component example at . If your os is solaris & look at  in case of any issue.
Yes I see that is how to get the video component working, but not controlling it. I'd like to dynamically control it, not just set it to play a video and thats it.
I am assuming you meant by dynamic control is to play different videos in the same component. By default it is not possible, However you can develop or custamize to implement it. As an example try overlaying  and modify video.jsp to get asset Resource based on parameter passed on user click instead of reading from properties. So that appropriate video gets played in the player
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! This is what I'd like to do. If anyone has any examples of doing this, please post the code, as I'm not to familiar with JSP. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Please note it is not official package It is just an sample to demonstrate and not tested throughly and use at your own risk.
Attaching a sample by overlaying default component. I would advise verify in your development envirnoment as a reference and modify the component name accordingly rather than using the default one.
- Install the package from packagemanager. To download Click Here
- Configure the multiple videos path
- In the above example two video is configured and generates two hyperlink. Clicking on it will play respective video
THANK YOU SOO MUCH! Would you mind going into detail of how you modified the video component to do this? Where can I edit how the links are displayed? To be honest you should really make a tutorial of how you modified this, this
is great work that needs to be documented. Thanks again!
I found the video.jsp file at "/apps/foundation/components/video/video.jsp" under CRXDE Lite that I can modify change the formatting of the links. When I change video.jsp file, how do I reflect these changes in the publish instance? I suppose I need to activate it somehow. Please let me know. Thanks.
The best way is build package of your component by following  and then activate from .
Regading the details of package Following are the changes implemented in the component
- Copied /libs/foundation/components/video to /apps/foundation/components/video
- Deleted /apps/foundation/components/video/dialog/items/asset/items/file
- Added /apps/foundation/components/video/dialog/items/asset/items/path of type multifield
- Modified /apps/foundation/components/video/video.jsp to iterate all the video files configured at /apps/foundation/components/video/dialog/items/asset/items/path and create a link.