9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 10:14 PM by Stephen_Spider

Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!

Skiibojosh

I'm working on a video and premiere has been crashing repeatedly over the past 4 hours at random whims.  It's never been this bad.  It's crashed at least 8 times.  It lets me work for a bit then will randomly (it seems that there is no correlation) crash.  I'm able to work bit by bit and save it frequently but this is ridiculous.  Sometimes it just crashes, other times, it has an error alert that says "Adobe has encountered a serious error and needs to close..." I've tried doubling my Ram 2gb to 4gb (in case it just couldn't handle the HD footage). I've tried rendering all my clips out. Nothing works!

Working on a Mac Pro running Snow Leapord. Premiere CS5. My footage is from a Canon XL-H1 and a Nikon D5100 (.mpeg and .mov respectively).

• 1. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
          Skiibojosh Level 1

If there's any other info I should give for help please let me know.

• 2. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
            HelgaMola

same problem. it seems to me that there is no solution. adobe will have to work to improve and solve this problem because ive seen in many forums people with the same problem and nobody could fix it. crash crash and crash!!!!

• 3. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
              davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Well first off, even 4GB of memory is far to little to work effectively with HD material.

Can you give us all the details on your system? Are you running on one disk or multiple disks? What's your video card? What's your processor? Is your version of Premiere fully updated (i.e., 5.0.3 or 5.5.2)? There's probably a fix to this, but we'll need more info to help you solve it... There are far too many people using it successfully without these issues for it to be a problem with the Adobe software--there's got to be something with your system in particular that's causing the crash.

• 4. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
                Skiibojosh Level 1

Actually I kept looking around, and it seems that the problem is a byproduct of using the denoiser.  The crashes don't necessarily occur when I'm using denoisesr, but they have been happening and I think that may be my missing link. 

I'm running a Mac Pro, Version 10.6.8, 2 250 GB drives, 2 Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT, Premiere Pro 5.0.4.

• 5. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
                  Level 4

==========

Well first off, even 4GB of memory is far to little to work effectively with HD material.

============

i think we need to keep in mind the prores people are used to re: less powerful computers and the usual pc person's ability to deal with the real technical issues re: ram, cpu, graphic cards, drives, etc etc.

basically a lot of people are coming from not a lot of experience building their own computers and systems to handle hd...and now dealing with different codecs putting major hit on hardware.

ps.. in other words, mac users are used to looking at other mac users use stuff ( prores ) that worked OK with 32bit etc...but now are moving into a new dimension of product and dont know the hardware hits on them... does that make sense ?

• 6. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
                    HelgaMola Level 1

Capture.JPG

This is my computer's basic info. My premiere pro cs5 and premiere elements 10 crash constantly at any time while i'm working... i just updating pro cs5... let's see if it works. I'll post later after i try with the updated version. thx adobe. I am a big fan of adobe products even since they were macromedia 8 till todaya and the rest of the apps work perfect, its just premiere that i can fix the constant crashing problem, ive tried everything and nothing worked.

• 7. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
                      HelgaMola Level 1

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

This is the the performance when im using premiere pro and the error i get every time it crashes. i can only work for 5 or 7 minutes and it will crash. i updated (5.5.2) what can i do????? the same with premiere elements. is there any other software i can use to make and edit videos. (no after effects)

• 8. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
                        HelgaMola Level 1

sony vegas pro 11... i love adobe apps but there is no way to get premiere working.

intel core i7 - nvidia geforce 1GB - 4GB ram - 64 bit

i don't think this is a **** computer, and if the answer is '4GB of memory is far to little to work with HD material' then i dont know what else to say but not many people has 8GB in their computers at home and im not even working with HD material when premiere crashes, actually i'm hardly using half of the memory when the app crashes... my answer is vegas pro 11. I repeat i love premiere pro much better, but vegas pro doesn't crash or stop working

• 9. Re: Premiere CS5 crashing all day! Help!
                          Stephen_Spider Level 3

Helga...

What graphic card are you using?

What format is your footage?

What are your sequence settings?

How are your drive set up?

Are you using MPE hardware acceleration?

Premiere PRO is a demanding piece of software, and serious users will spec the hardware to run it efficiently. 4gb of memory pretty much defeats the purpose of a 64bit system.

We are looking at an ASUS laptop with a GTX560 and 16gb system memory.