6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 9:40 AM by lilafuente

Stuck between CS4 & CS5

lilafuente

I am new to InDesign CS5, just upgraded from CS4.  I am having trouble understanding the "check out/in content".

When I go to Adobe web site none of the tutorals work, I get the message 500:Internal Server error.

Can anyone help me out?

lilafuente

• 1. Re: Stuck between CS4 & CS5
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Check in/check out is an InCopy function and is identical from CS4 to CS5.

Bob

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Stuck between CS4 & CS5
            lilafuente Level 1

Thanks for the info, however I have never run into this when in CS3 or CS4.  Is there any where I can do to get some info on this topic?

I don't know why I get the 500: internal server error when I try to open any of the tutorals at adobe.com

• 3. Re: Stuck between CS4 & CS5
              John Hawkinson Level 5

Are you using InCopy? If not, you should ignore Check In / Check Out.

If you are getting an internal server error, you need to tell us what URL you are trying to open.

• 4. Re: Stuck between CS4 & CS5
                lilafuente Level 1

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply!

We do not use InCopy, only InDesign.  I am not sure how it happened but a large

amount of files showed up on my desktop and are purple with "IC" on the icon.

Now I know that this is an incopy file but I am baffled on how it became an incopy file.

We converted from Pagemaker 7 to InDesign CS3, then CS4, and now CS5.  I've never

seen this happen before with any of the other versions.  Myself and one other person

have a newsletter that we both work on.  We save it to our desktop and then also to

a thumb drive for the other person.

I work on a Imac and she on a pc. Is there anyway to deactivate incopy? 

Also, you asked for the URL  I was using.  I was on the adobe web site and

trying to open the tutorals and I got the same message for every file

I tried to open. I went to the web site just now to get the URL and everything

opened fine.  That's one problem taken care of.

Linda

• 5. Re: Stuck between CS4 & CS5
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Linda,

I just want to remind you that everything is posted to the web. Please delete your personal information from email responses.

• 6. Re: Stuck between CS4 & CS5
                    lilafuente Level 1

Thank you!