3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 12:30 PM by kglad

HOW TO MAKE AN ANIMATION SCENE GO BACK TO THE NAVIGATION?

gkryptonite

I'm creating this animation for a class and I'm supposed to do the following:

"Build a basic animation that runs for 10 secs and then returns to the navigation area in scene one."

the highlighted text is what i need to do..can anyone tell me how to do it in Action Script 2.0?!?..thanks..I really appreciate the favor!

• 1. Re: HOW TO MAKE AN ANIMATION SCENE GO BACK TO THE NAVIGATION?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

label (eg, "scene1_nav") the keyframe to be used in the goto method and execute:

yourtimelinewiththeabovekeyframe.gotoAndStop("scene1_nav");

p.s.  you can use setTimeout() to wait 10 seconds until your code is executed, or just execte that code when you animation completes.

• 2. Re: HOW TO MAKE AN ANIMATION SCENE GO BACK TO THE NAVIGATION?
            gkryptonite Level 1

thanks but uhm perhaps i was not specific enough..heres the full assignment:

Controling the Timeline in a multi scene movie

Scene one - Build a one frame navigation scene with three buttons. Each button should link the user to one of scenes in the flash movie. Make sure that this scene is paused from the start to prevent the playhead from moving past the navigation buttons in the first scene.

Scene two - Build a basic animation that runs for 10 secs and then returns to the navigation area in scene one.

Scene three - Build another basic animation that runs for 10 secs and then returns to the navigation area in scene one.

Scene four - Build a final basic animation that runs for 10 secs and then returns to the navigation area in scene one.

Extra Credit -  Add sound to the file that begins as each scene begins to play and that ends when the playhead returns to the main navigation scene.

I've created the buttons and few scenes but i just want the scenes after playing to go back to the navigation area and maybe you can tell me how to how make sure scene one is paused from the start..thanks

• 3. Re: HOW TO MAKE AN ANIMATION SCENE GO BACK TO THE NAVIGATION?
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

i assume frame one of your first scene is your navigation scene.  so, in frame one of your first scene add:

stop();

var tl:MovieClip=this;

btn2.onRelease=function(){

tl.gotoAndPlay("scene2");

}

btn3.onRelease=function(){

tl.gotoAndPlay("scene3");

}

etc

label the first frame in each of your scenes (eg, "scene1","scene2",...).  in the last frame of each scene add:

this.gotoAndStop("scene1");

1 person found this helpful