• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Won't Work!

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!  I am running Windows XP (32 bit), Internet Explorer 7, Service Pack 3.  My flash was working fine til I had to reinstall my operating system yesterday.  When I downloaded Adobe Flash 11 it didn't work, so I checked system requirements.  My processor speed isn't fast enough because my processor speed is  1.8 Ghz and Adobe Flash needs 2.33 Ghz, so I uninstalled Flash 11 and installed Flash 10.3 then 10.1.  Now when I go to youtube it says I need a newer version which I can't get. 

I know that Flash is installed correctly because youtube can recognize that I had a version of Adobe Flash.  However, when I go to Adobe's website to test for flash it doesn't recognize it, and I went to another website to test and it didn't recognize it either.  I find it wierd that it worked until I reinstalled my operating system. The only problem I have with my computer is that I need a driver for my pci simple communications controller.  I am working on that right now.

I really hope someone can help me because I can't get on facebook either and my crops are dying on Frontierville.  LOL.  But seriously, they are dying!

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update.  I fixed the pci simple communications controller issue but didn't work.  Didn't think it would since it is for the modem but wanted to make sure everything was working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DeBrig wrote:

Hi all!  I am running Windows XP (32 bit), Internet Explorer 7, Service Pack 3.  My flash was working fine til I had to reinstall my operating system yesterday.  When I downloaded Adobe Flash 11 it didn't work, so I checked system requirements.  My processor speed isn't fast enough because my processor speed is  1.8 Ghz and Adobe Flash needs 2.33 Ghz, so I uninstalled Flash 11 and installed Flash 10.3 then 10.1.  Now when I go to youtube it says I need a newer version which I can't get. 

I know that Flash is installed correctly because youtube can recognize that I had a version of Adobe Flash.  However, when I go to Adobe's website to test for flash it doesn't recognize it, and I went to another website to test and it didn't recognize it either.  I find it wierd that it worked until I reinstalled my operating system. The only problem I have with my computer is that I need a driver for my pci simple communications controller.  I am working on that right now.

I really hope someone can help me because I can't get on facebook either and my crops are dying on Frontierville.  LOL.  But seriously, they are dying!

Thanks for any help.

I'm glad you mentioned that your crops are dying because that's a big clue, funny as that may sound. What you need here is the Adobe Shockwave Player which you can download from here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

It differs from the Flash player in that it's an enhanced version used for games and the like where you have some interaction with the animation.

But I'm also wondering if you might not have disabled your antivirus program before installing Flash. Most of these security apps incorporate all kind of extra scanners which interfere with program installations. What I suggest you do here is to uninstall Flash again using the procedure described in this post which resolved a similar issue for another user yesterday: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4081633#4081633

Disable the AV shields again before you install Shockwave needless to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines