3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 10:09 PM by MrsC60

Text flow skips pages

MrsC60

Hi,

I'm using InDesign CS5.5 and I've encountered a problem I've never seen before. I have facing pages checked and a single master page design  - a text box applied to both sides of the spread. When I load the cursor and shift-click to autoflow text, it inserts text on the right side of the spread only and skips all left hand pages. Can anyone suggest a cause/remedy?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Text flow skips pages
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

enable hidden text. you may have a character that is meant for a break.

• 2. Re: Text flow skips pages
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Did you draw the text frames on the master page yourself, or use the checkbox in document setup? If you drew them yourself, you need to link them from left to right on the master.

• 3. Re: Text flow skips pages
              MrsC60 Level 1

You got it, Peter. Thanks.  I drew them myself and apparently didn't link them. When I went in to fix it, I must have linked them twice somehow and ended up with two lots of text on the left page - one on top of the other. All fixed now.  I've been using InDesign for many years and never experienced this problem before, so I guess I must have just overlooked a step I normally take without thinking. It''s great that there's a forum and helpful users to help resolve problems like this. Thanks again.