4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 12:16 PM by medeamajic

Color shift?

medeamajic Level 2

I have noticed if I use transition on nested sequences I get a color shift during the transition like others have mentioned with or with out the the CUDA MBE GPU Enabled. There are some flaws with the MBE to say the least. There are some good things and some bad things about the MBE.  Perhaps Open CL woud work better.

• 1. Re: Color shift?
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Do you notice that color shift on export, or just in the program monitor?

• 2. Re: Color shift?
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I've never noticed that myself, with or without MPE enabled.  (Mercury PLAYBACK Engine)

Though I certainly do agree that Adobe should move to OpenCL for CS6.

• 3. Re: Color shift?
              medeamajic Level 2

David,

It is in the final render and odd things can happen during the real-time preview as well. CUDA is cool but it needs to mature a bit more. I almost think PP CS 4 was better overall.

Jim,

There is some good things about the MBE but it is not yet perfect. I think they need to make the transitions CUDA enabled. I think that might help. I agree Open CL might work even better.

• 4. Re: Color shift?
                medeamajic Level 2

I should add that it is not all nested sequences for my system but like others have mentioned in PP CS 4.0 they render fine and preview just fine. CS 5.5 has more realtime but quality should out way performance. I don't know if the MBE should be tweaked out or if Adobe should start from scratch with Open CL as the foundation. Maybe they could call it the Quick Silver Playback Engine. Editing several layers of native AVCHD with filters in high quality is cool but having funky renders really sucks. I am glad I have my CS 4 installed.