4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 3:29 PM by Frustrated in AZ

ADE TO KOBO PROBLEM

basilwall Level 1

Hi...i have downloaded adobe digital editions and can access books from my public library...

HOWEVER THE DIGITAL EDITIONS WILL NOT ACCESS MY kobo...THE kobo IS CONNECTED TO MY COMPUTER WHERE THE ade IS INSTALLED..

i HAVE TRIED RELOADING THE ADE SEVERAL TIME AND WITH DIFFERENT BROWSERS...NOTHING WORKS ...i HAVE UNINSTALLED THE ADE SEVERAL TIMES NOTHING FIXES THE  PROBLEM...I CANNOT TRANSFER BOOKS FROM THE COMPUTER TO THE KOBO

HELP

BJ

• 1. Re: ADE TO KOBO PROBLEM
          basilwall Level 1

Hi...again...

MY KOBO CAN DOWNLOAD BOOKS FROM THE KOBO SITE...I ASSUME IT MUST BE REGISTERED  THERE

BJ

• 2. Re: ADE TO KOBO PROBLEM
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

First, have you verified that your Kobo ereader is supported by ADE?  Click

HERE <http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices> to check

the list.

Next, have you registered your Kobo ereader with their site?  If you have

not, when you do, use your Adobe ID and password, to make it easier to

connect to ADE.

When you go to connect the Kobo ereader to ADE, connect the ereader to the

computer first.  The computer should tell you that it has recognized the

Kobo ereader as an external device, and that it's ready to use before you

open ADE.

Hope this helps!

=============

• 3. Re: ADE TO KOBO PROBLEM
              Carol Marion

I have just started getting the same problem - my Kobo always worked properly with ADE, now it just crashes ADE.  I tried attaching the Kobo first as you said but ADE  just crashes as soon as it recognises the Kobo.

• 4. Re: ADE TO KOBO PROBLEM
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

If it worked before, and doesn't work now, AND you haven't changed anything

on your computer (including updating your Windows/MAC software and updating

ADE), then you should contact KOBO and see if there's anything new on their

end.  My guess is that something in the operating system has changed.

If KOBO has an update to its software, try it and see if that fixes the

problem.  If there's nothing new, instead of messing around with ADE

reinstalls (which may not do anything to help), try deauthorizing the KOBO

ereader (check the Adobe HELP section for how to do this, and the proper

key combinations).  Close ADE, so the settings will take effect the next

time you open ADE, and shut off your computer (so its settings will be

changed also).  Then, power up and attach the KOBO, so the operating system

shows it knows that it's there.  Then, start ADE, and see if it recognizes

the KOBO ereader.  ADE may ask you to authorize it, and when you do, things

should be back to 'normal'.....

Hope this helps!

=================