Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking each section in robohelp to the IE

New Here ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have like 10 chapters in my TOC. My question is when i publish it is there a way where if the user clicked on the help button which we are creating in the software to link it to the robohelp published location to point to a particular section. For example, if the person is working on something which i mentioned in chapter 3. So when he clicks on the help button on the page; chapter 3 should automatically open up and not first page of chapter 1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are talking about context sensitive help, and yes, it is entirely possible. there is decent info on CSH in the Help for RH, and both you and your developers should review the process.

When you set up CSH, the Help button on any window in your application can open a Help topic that you write to address the specific fields and functions on that window.

Reply back if you have more specific questions that aren't addressed by the Help materials.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi rr336

Laurin is correct in that you are talking about Context Sensitive Help here. I'm posting to add that fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge has some excellent information on his site that you may be interested in.

Click here to see Peter's information.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp