2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 11:15 AM by CBPP-IT

Dynamically assign email submission target based on form content

CBPP-IT

We need to be able to assign the email target on a given form dynamically based on user selection out of a pre-defined set - drop-down.  Currently, you can only target the submissions to an email manually entered into the email field or have a separate form for each unique email submission target.

We have a branch-office model company and each office interacting with a given form is going to need some things on that form to change based on which office the person filling out the form is with.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Dynamically assign email submission target based on form content
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

I apologize. I don't quite understand your question/feedback. Can you provide a more detailed use case of what you would want?

Thanks,

Randy

• 2. Re: Dynamically assign email submission target based on form content
            CBPP-IT Level 1

Thanks Randy.

Say we had an Agent Sales Information Form online in our intranet/portal - embeded, and it was visable by 20 branch offices.  When a user fills out the form it needs to go to a single central office person as well as the administrative assistant and manager in the specific branch office that the user (form filler) is based out of.

Example:

Agent Sales Information Form

--> user selects 'I'm with Office A' from the drop-down menu --> form needs to go to: Central Office, Admin Assistant in Office A, Manager in Office A

--> user selects 'I'm with Office B' from the drop-down menu --> form needs to go to: Central Office, Admin Assistant in Office B, Manager in Office B

In FormsCentral I can put an email field on the form and direct the form submission to that email address or I can share a given form with a pre-defined set of people.  What I can't do is have a single form with a drop-down menu for which branch office that user (form filler) is from and change the people the form submits to based on that choice.  Having the users manually enter the email addresses of the people the form needs to be submitted to is a deal breaker.

While we're at it, other things on my list for an embeddable paperless forms solution:

- user can print the form -- automatically on submission or by 'print button' on the form

- user can download pdf copy of the form

- user can save a form for later completion (across browser sessions)

- upload pictures and have them display on the form (not just as attachments)

- API functionality to allow fields to be auto-populated with data from another system (eliminating the office selection drop-down menu in this example -- our portal knows what office the logged-in user is from and can tell the form if it would listen )

Thanks Randy.  I appreciate your taking a look at this for me.