• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWFobject/Flashvars instead of xml solution..

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've currently been working on a project where I wanted (well, my client wanted) flash to load an xml-file with urls to images, pages, etc.

I made a loop in flash to load the xml-contents dynamically and it works just fine. The images are placed in its own movieClip-container, etc. inside an imageslider.

But now I have to change it all as my client want it to rely on flashvars instead of xml.

I've tried to read about it in some of my books and surfing around on the internet but I just can't seem to understand how I can do the same thing with flashvars and SWFobject as with Flash and Xml...

I guess I just don't really understand why my client want to change it all.

I'll appreciate all the help I can get on this one..

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a good solution, but you can pass your XML to the SWF using FlashVars via SWFObject, and you don't need to change your code much. Which step do you have problem with - writing or reading?

--

Kenneth Kawamoto

http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines