26 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2012 12:39 AM by JMJarrige

Premiere Elements 10 Error on load - "we have detected an incompatible display driver"

Nick Strapp

Greetings! I was happily using this software for several weeks without problems when one day for no apparent reason (no new hardware or significant software changes) I now get this error constantly when trying to run the software - "we have detected an incompatible display driver. to get better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. display driver details : intel - intel bear lake B 1.4.0 - Build 7.15.10.5218"

I then updated the intel graphics drivers to the latest version but to no avail. I have tried four different driver versions from oldest to newest and still no success. I have un-installed the software, drivers, started from fresh with all imaginable combinations, CCleaner-ed the hard drive, virus scanned, defragmented, updated windows, etc. I am now at a loss for what to do next, beyond insisting for a refund and going to another software company for my video editing needs.

My machine is a 2Ghz Dual-Core, 4GB RAM, 80GB available HDD space, running windows XP pro SP3, updated everything drivers and OS.

I find this problem even more confusing given the fact that is was working, then decided not to work any more. Perhaps something updated in the background without my knowledge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I have tried all the things on this list relating to Premiere Elements version 9, but none have helped - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/875/cpsid_87588.html