3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2011 4:19 PM by Jim_Simon

Program monitor

MadalenaReis

My program monitor only shows part of the image - is different of the source monitor and I can't see proporply the whole image I'm editing.

Magnification is set to Fit; Playback resolution is Full.

Is there anything I can do?

• 1. Re: Program monitor
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

We need a lot more info than that to help you properly diagnose your problem. What are the specs of your system, your project, and the footage you're working with?

• 2. Re: Program monitor
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As David asks, more info will be useful. Please pay special attention to furnishing the pixel x pixel Frame Size of your Source Footage (also list the PAR - Pixel Aspect Ratio), and that of your Sequence's Frame Size. There is very likely a mis-match in there somewhere.

Also, the Source Monitor just displays the Source Footage, irrespective of the Sequence/Project, in which it will be used. The Program Monitor takes that Sequence into consideration, and will display it, relative to that Sequence.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more. I feel that the solution to your problem will be in those answers.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Program monitor
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Most likely you're putting your high definition footage into a standard definition sequence.

Don't do that.

1 person found this helpful