2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 12:20 PM by the_wine_snob

Can I embed one video onto another (two videos showing at once)?

pmsimp01

I filmed our company's holiday party, but I could only have the camera focused on one area, so I chose the stage.  (We were doing a "Tonight Show" type show.)  We had a PowerPoint displaying right off the stage in another area (off camera) where we showed a few funny clips to our guests who were on stage. 

I was wondering if there was a way for me to embed a little square in the bottom corner of the video that would show the video clip of what the guests were seeing on our PowerPoint at that particular time.  Of course we only need to hear the sound from the main video (since the camera was capturing the sound from the other video at that same time anyway).  So sort of a video inside of a video?  Kind of like on the news when they are showing the Reporter and also a little square with footage of some news event.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I have the Plus subscription if that ends up helping me.

Thanks for any advice!

• 1. Re: Can I embed one video onto another (two videos showing at once)?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, and this is called PiP (Picture in Picture). To create that, just Import the second Video, and place it on a Video Track above the main, background Video. Select that Clip and in the Effects Control Panel (not the Effects Panel), go to the Fixed Effects>Motion>Scale and Motion>Position. Adjust those Effects' parameters to Scale to the size that you want, and then Position the Scaled Clip where you want it.

You might think about adding another Effect, like a Drop-Shadow, to get a bit of "relief" to that PiP.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Oops, I thought that I was in the PrPro Forum, but it's all about the same thing. In PrE, just go to the Edit Effects button in the Effects Panel, and that will bring up the Effects Control Panel to adjust those Fixed Effects.Sorry about that.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can I embed one video onto another (two videos showing at once)?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a look at a PiP setup:

PiP_Example_01.jpg

In this case, there are a few more things happening: a semi-transparent gray Shape Title, and then a Text Title. I also applied a Crop Effect to the lady on the phone, to size it, as I wished, but that will probably not be used in your Project.

Hope that helps,

Hunt