• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search results in Microsoft HTML project

New Here ,
May 24, 2008 May 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something strange has started happening... after compiling my HTML project, I am noticing that search results are being extracted from my table of contents pages, rather than the topic headings. So, for example, if a topic heading is "working in the console", but in the table of contents this is displayed as "working in" (under the higher-level node "Console", then if I search for the topic, the result I see is "working in" - which is BARMY! Has anyone any idea what might be going on? Thanks in advance, Ed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ed,

Have you recently switched to using a binary TOC? The topic titles that appear in the search results are derived from the TOC entries, if you're using a binary TOC, or from the <HEAD> elements of the HTML topic files, if you're using a non-binary "site map" TOC. The latter is the default.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
THANK YOU Pete!!! That's it! I don't know when I clicked on that particular option. I must have been drinking.
Why are YOU working on a Saturday night?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp