6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2011 10:01 AM by junior166

Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question

junior166

I have a newer version of PrE but I have an older version PrE 2.0. I have registed it along time ago. If I unregistered it and removed it from my system, can I sell it to someone else on Ebay and would they be able to use it on there system?

• 1. Re: Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question
          the_wine_snob Level 9

There should be no issues, provided that it was not used in any upgrade path. As "upgrading" of PrE is more of a pricing deal from Adobe, than the same process is with Photoshop, and even PrPro, there should be no issues. Adobe has an easy "license transfer" program, and with PrPro, for instance, it could all be done via a few FAX'es. I would contact Adoboe Customer Service (not Technical Service), and ask for them to help you in this matter.

With all of the pirated Adobe software out there, I would take care of the license transfers first, and then mention that you have done the paperwork, when you list the program. I know that I would never even consider any Adobe software, if the seller did not have that in order. As a note for any potential buyers of Adobe software, if the seller cannot, or will not, furnish the license transfer, run the other way immediately. If it is legit, they will have the necessary paperwork.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question
            nealeh Level 5

More recent copies of PRE have included a 'deactivate' feature in the Help menu. If that exists in PRE2, and you use it, then the program becomes available to install on another PC.

1.png

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question
              junior166 Level 1

Ok..I called customer service and ask about transfering registration for sale. I chatted with customer service and when asked to provide Serial # on back of my copy, I realized that it did not have the sticker with the serial # so I could not provide it to the customer service. I told him that it was a second copy I owned and I had purchased a bundle package with PrE 2.0 and Photoshop 4.0. also had purchased a few years later PrE 8. He said that he sees that I had a registered copy of 2.0 on record but not a second copy. I cannot remember when I purchased and where. I am usually on top of things but I cannot remember for the life of me how I obtain the first copy. I just new I had it. My memory does not go that far back. Is it possible that I was able to install it without a serial # because those early copies didn't come with a serial #. I want to sell it but don't want the buyer to have any problems using it and then having to return it back to me for a refund. I thought I would just deactivate it and remove it from a computer I don't use anymore for editing. Any suggestions?

• 4. Re: Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question
                nealeh Level 5

Well without a serial number you cannot sell it. Was it perhaps bundled with a camcorder you purchased ? If so I'd dig out the camcorder packaging and see if there's a CD with it.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re: Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question
                  junior166 Level 1

No, did not come with my prosumer camera. I purchased software after the camera. It is so strange because those stickers on the back are almost unremovable without ruining it. I'm breaking my head over this..lol...

• 6. Re: Selling Registered Copy Of Premiere Elements 2.0 Question
                    junior166 Level 1

I just tried to deactivate software and there is no feature under Help. As I was doing this I believe that I might had a second copy from Adobe probably because I had and install problem, and just used my own serial # from my bundle copy. So I experimented by uninstall it and reinstall and see what happens. It did need a serial # for the install. When I went to uninstall there was still no deactivate feature under help. I think what I will do is provide my serial # to the new buyer since I don't use it anyway being I have a newer version 8.0. Do you think this ok?