1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2011 2:26 PM by Frustrated in AZ

: I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions because I was having problem. When I reinstal

Bette or Daniel

: I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions because I was having problem. When I reinstalled ADE, the ADE icon was no longer on my desktop and the only way to access the library was by clicking on an ebook file in the ADE folder in Documents folder. ALSO, I am unable to authorize my ereader when connected to my PC. How do I get ADE back to its original configuration and working properly?  HOPE YOU CAN HELP... Thanks, Bette

• 1. Re: : I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions because I was having problem. When I reinstal
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Most of the time, you don't need to do anything to ADE when you have a

problem.  And, as you've found out, doing so may cause another 'issue'.

Getting ADE squared away also depends on how you uninstalled it, and how

you reinstalled it.  First, I'm going to assume that you're working on a

Windows PC - probably with Windows XP as your operating system.  If you

have Windows 7 installed, I can't help you because I'm still stuck in the

XP world.

If you simply deleted ADE's library from your PC, then all of the pointers

that are kept in the registry (system files) are still there, and probably

causing some 'issues'.  You should go to the Control Panel, then pick

'Add/Remove Programs', and find ADE in the list.  Clicking on this entry

will bring up a screen that will let you delete the programs AND clean up

the registry.  Once that's done, you should go and empty the trash bin

before you go to re-install.

Keep in mind that any ebooks you've downloaded to your ADE library will be

lost at this time also.  The uninstall process wipes out all of the

libraries.  If you have any ebooks, you should make a copy somewhere in

another folder until ADE is reloaded and working properly.

Log off and turn your computer off before you go to reinstall ADE.  That

clears the cache memory.

When you go to reinstall ADE, use the same Adobe ID and password, so you

won't have a second set of ID's to worry about.  Just follow the

prompts.  All should be well when the process is completed.

=============