2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2011 7:11 AM by Jeff Bellune

using graphics as buttons

buddhanature37

Hi

I am using Flash Pro and I want to create a desktop application that uses the graphics on stage to launch web pages when the user clicks on each individual graphic. I am very new to Flash Pro could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Heather

• 1. Re: using graphics as buttons
          buddhanature37 Level 1

Ok I think I figured it out. I converted the graphics to a movie symbol rather than a button and it seems to do what I want. If anyone has any other suggestions I would still appreciate them... Heather

• 2. Re: using graphics as buttons
            Jeff Bellune Level 5

Moderator's note: user AtonMusic posted potentially useful info over in the Premiere Pro forum, so I'm attaching it to this thread:

AtonMusic said:

"You wanna assign evenListeners to ALL your graphics... The eventlistener will check to see when the user hoovers or presses THAT particular graphic.

For the evenListener you will create a Function... Something like this:

a var is a varialble... You will create ALL THIS in Actionscript 3... So you will need to learn that a bit.. Lynda.com is a good source !

You will need to a piece of graphic that has an instance name of "GRAPHICBUTTON"

This is a function that will go to adobe.com

var ADDRESS:String = "https://www.adobe.com";

var getADDRESS:URLRequest = new URLRequest(ADDRESS);

getADDRESS.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;

GRAPHICBUTTON.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, goToADDRESS);

function goToADDRESS(e:MouseEvent):void

{

navigateToURL(getADDRESS);

}"