2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2011 8:19 AM by the_wine_snob

Audio starts over in middle of imported MOV clip

cbgbgb

Using Premier Elements 10. In some but not all .mov clips from a Nikon Coolpix S8100, the audio starts over from the beginning a couple minutes into the clip while the video continues fine. This is true in the clip preview or in the scene made from the clip in a project. Playing the same .mov file in Quicktime does not have this problem. I tried starting with a new project and adding just one of these clips - same deal. Always happens at the same point in one clip, at a slightly different point in a different clip, and not at all in several other clips. I never saw anything like this in Premier Elements 9, but have uninstalled it so can't try version 9 on these clips. Any advise is much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Audio starts over in middle of imported MOV clip
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Video from still cameras can behave strangely but, depending in your operating system and what other components you have installed, it still MIGHT work.

Try clearing the video from your Project/Media panel by right-clicking on it and selecting the Clear option. Then use Get Media to re-import it into your project.

Make sure you wait for the program to completely conform it before you start editing the video. (You'll see the progress in the lower right corner of the interface.)

• 2. Re: Audio starts over in middle of imported MOV clip
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For more info on Conforming, see this ARTICLE.

Also, what are the specs. of the Audio Stream in the MOV file? I thought that Nikon used the MJPEG CODEC for motion, and that is usually not in a MOV wrapper, but maybe that is for other still cameras in their lineup, and not this one.

Good luck,

Hunt