2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 12:32 AM by WolgangW

YouTube fileupload api error.

cfsetNewbie Level 1

I'm building a small site using YouTubes API system. I downloaded a YouTube.cfc from Ray Camden, and it works excellent. I am having an issue with a fileupload and the content I'm sending. It's outside the cfc function, it's the information I'm sending off to youtube. I've changed it around and I know it's my key words that is making it error. I am attaching the piece of code and the error

YouTubeCFC Upload Error: Domain=yt:validation, Code=invalid_value

my code:

<cfset yt = createObject("component", "youtube")>

<cfset yt.setDeveloperKey("<my key>")>

<cfset yt.login("<username>", "<password>")>

<cfset r = yt.upload(expandPath('#uploadedfile#'),'#title#','#description#','Category','key,word')>

The way this works is as follows:
      this form uploads the video to the server, then youtube takes it to their server so the uploaded file is the actual file that is being sent

• 1. Re: YouTube fileupload api error.

I too am getting this error message and cannot figure out the problem. Ray Camden's blog is no help either. Please someone answer this as to why there is this api error.

• 2. Re: YouTube fileupload api error.

there is not a lot which can be done and independently from you I am using for my

site [url=http://privatekrankenversicherungtestpkv.com/]PKV[/url]

cfset yt = createObject("component", "youtube")> 

<cfset yt.setDeveloperKey("<my key>")>

<cfset yt.login("<username>", "<password>")>

<cfset r = yt.upload(expandPath('#uploadedfile#'),'#title#','#description#','Category','keyword')>

which is idenciral (like minds) ... and - no wonder

I am receiving: domain=yt:validation, Code=invalid_value

and I´d be grateful for someone who sees the beasty, tiny little thing which is wrong

Have a nice day

.... Wolfgang