1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2011 3:08 PM by Chris W. Griffith

This project is not Flash Catalyst compatible???

carlkoss311

Built a fairly large Flash Catalyst project and have exported and saved it many times over in the past with no problems. I forget what I tweaked a few days ago when I last saved this project, but I went to open it today, it's giving me a huge list of Unexpected errors:

src\Main.mxml (591): Unexpected property value:
           . Expected: Array tag.

src\Main.mxml (596): Unexpected property value:

src\Main.mxml (601): Unexpected property value:

src\Main.mxml (606): Unexpected property value:

src\Main.mxml (611): Unexpected property value:

src\Main.mxml (616): Unexpected property value:

I have no idea what this means. I tried importing this project into Flash Builder like another forum said to do and locate these lines, but I don't know how to actually get to the lines area in Flash Builder.

In Flash Builder it is giving me a red X saying "Unknown Flex SDK: Flex 4.5"

Then a yellow triangle with "the project has compilation errors and was not validated for Flash Catalyst compatibility."

Any advice? I really don't want to restart this project because I'm sure it'll just happen again if I don't know what I did wrong the first time.

• 1. Re: This project is not Flash Catalyst compatible???
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Ugh, I hate it when that happens (which I have no idea why). My best guess has been that something goes wrong with a state transition.

Judging that you have a Unknown Flex SDK error, I am going to assume you downloaded Flash Builder 4.6. You will need to download the Flex 4.5 sdk (http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+4.5) and add it to your copy of Flash Builder.

Once you have done that then, we can try locating the issue. Go Project > Flash Catalyst > Import Flash Catalyst Compatibile Project.

You use the Project Explorer on the left side of the interface to access the files that make up the project. We want to open [project name] > src > (default package) > Main.mxml. Double click on Main.mxml to open it in the editor. To enable the line numbers, right click on the left side of the editor.

Now you can go in and find the offending lines. Without seeing the code and can't advise further. You might be best served to try to remove it all together, and then return to Catalyst.

Also I would recommend adding a backup (aka version control) element to your workflow.

Chris