1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 10:21 AM by keirelan

Its almost 2012 and no OS X 10.7 in-browser support

ardev100

Hello all,

According to the Advisory "Adobe Safari 5.1 and Adobe Reader/Acrobat Advisory", a better solution to this whole Safari 5.1 fiasco is to be expected by the end of this year but nothing seems to be in the horizon yet.

Its been almost 6 months since Apple released Safari 5.1 and OS X 10.7 (not counting Beta releases which would add an extra 2 months on top of that). It is apparent that Adobe is really not paying much attention or care to a critical issue affecting its OS X users.

We rely on the Adobe PDF plugin so our users can access our LiveCycle server (which we invested heavily in) and you can imagine how embarrising it is to explain to managment that the majority of our users currently on OS X 10.7 basically can't have access to LiveCycle because of the Adobe PDF plug-in.

Our LiveCycle server is basically setting idle right now, not being used by most, and our staff reverted back to paper-based workflows. Its only a matter of time before people in my organization start looking for alternative solutions and label LiveCycle as a "mistake that should not have happened".

Please excuse my rant but I am losing hope in Adobe and its support for the OS X platform.

Adobe, if you read this. Please update us on the situation preferably with some ETA other than "the end of the year".

Thanks.