1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2011 1:07 PM by Flex harUI

Unable to load embedded fonts in TlF / FlowLeafElement

amtamt

dears,

I use TextFlowUtil.importFromString and FlowLeafElement to make each some text have its own style, every some words have diffirent color, fontFamily, fontSize....etc

that is done here in the text attribute in this xml tag, and TextFlowUtil.importFromString and FlowLeafElement make taht perfect:

<TextArea text="&lt;div direction=&quot;rtl&quot;&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;p textAlign=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;ttf&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FFE000E0&quot; &gt;Welcome to Android Training. Here you'll find a collection of classes that aim to help you build great apps for &lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FFE000E0&quot; &gt;Android, using best practices in a variety of framework topics.&lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;/p&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;p textAlign=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FFE00000&quot;&gt;Each class explains the steps required to solve a problem or implement a feature using code snippets and &lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FFE00000&quot;&gt;sample code for you to use in your apps.&lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;/p&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;p textAlign=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FF00E000&quot;&gt;What you see now is just the beginning. We plan to add many more classes, expand and refine existing &lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FF00E000&quot;&gt;classes, and build Training Courses that help you enhance your apps using objective-oriented collections of &lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;    &lt;span fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; fontSize=&quot;16&quot; color=&quot;#FF00E000&quot;&gt;classes.&lt;/span&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;/p&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;/div&gt;" direction="rtl" styleName=".textAreaTitle" editable="false" selectable="true" scrollable="false" mainReferance="UI.Components.Basics.TextArea" />

The problem is that i need to embed fonts, by this fontFamily=&quot;Arial&quot; you can set font name which you want, but if i set font name which is embedded it won't work, like : fontFamily=&quot;ttf&quot;

the embedded code is :

[Embed(source='/Resources/majallab.ttf',fontName='ttf',mimeType='application/x-font',embed AsCFF='true')]

var font1:Class; //This is only used to compile the code

I use Flex SDK 4.5,

what can i do ?

Thank you in advance,

amt