7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2011 10:15 PM by GSIDesign

Rays behind text?

GSIDesign Level 1

Hi,

my first question is, is there an effect that comes with AE to create rays behind text? Any tutorials links?

second question: how can I make a search limited to this After Effects forum?

• 1. Re: Rays behind text?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

1: There's a handy 2-D effect from Trapcode called Shine that can do it.  Trapcode plugins are available from Red Giant Software, and you'll find tutorials.

2: When you're on the After Effects Discussions page, almost at the very tippy-top, you will see a magnifying glass and the words "Search for an answer..." in a box.  'Nuff said.  It's really tough to miss.

• 2. Re: Rays behind text?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

CC Light Burst or CC Light Rays

Here's a blog post from Adobe's Todd Kopriva on how to make good AE searches.

• 3. Re: Rays behind text?
              GSIDesign Level 1

Thanks Szalam, these effects seem to be exactly what I need and I'm going to play with them right away.

Your search link is also exactly a search capabilities that I was looking for. I can't find a link from this form page to it, how is one supposed to find it without asking around?

Dave, thanks I'll keep in mind the effects from Trapcode if i can't do it with the built in effects.

Regarding the search fields on the page of this forum they have never worked for me. I can't see the words "Search for an answer..." in any box. This is a screenshot of how I see this forum page with two empty search boxes. The search results show results from all kinds of forums. On the search result there is an option to limit the search to a forum but when I typed After Effects and searched for the word "Rays" it showed 0 result and the forum in the search options field is displayed as "After Effects (Japan)"

Capture.JPG

• 4. Re: Rays behind text?
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                How is one supposed to find it without asking around?

When you search from the After Effects help page (but don't have it checked to only search the AE help documentation), it does a community search.

Edit: it's also mentioned in the FAQ's of this forum (third one down).

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Rays behind text?
                  GSIDesign Level 1

Thanks

• 6. Re: Rays behind text?
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

GSIDesign wrote:

I can't see the words "Search for an answer..." in any box. This is a screenshot of how I see this forum page with two empty search boxes. The search results show results from all kinds of forums.

You're a click away.

• On your screen shot, find where it says, "Welcome, GSI Design"

• Below it, find the words, "Adobe>After Effects>Discussions"

• Click on the word "Discussions"

• Look near the top of the newly-revealed page

• Vigorously apply palm of right hand to forehead

• 7. Re: Rays behind text?
                      GSIDesign Level 1

Dave, but that search still gives the same results as the other two search filed's, I can't restrict the search results ot this forum only.