2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2011 10:03 AM by Jim_Simon

How to reconnect to old assets on a new hard drive?

jgreeson Level 1

Hi;

I've been working on a long project with a lot of video, audio, photos etc.  I am wanting to replace the sluggish hard drive I have all of these assets stored on with another faster one (7200 rpm).  My concern is that I really don't want to have to reconnect each asset in this project from the older hard drive to its duplicate on the new hard drive.  Is there a way to do this automatically or in a batch sort of mode?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

- Jim G

• 1. Re: How to reconnect to old assets on a new hard drive?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Jim,

When you Open your Project, after Moving your Assets to your new HDD, PrPro will ask, "Where is file _____ ?" and present you with a Finder to locate the Assets. Once you locate the first Asset, used in the Project, in a particular folder, PrPro will then survey that folder, and will re-link ALL Assets, used in that Project, residing IN that folder. Pretty neat, eh? Depending on your folder structure, you will need to do that for all folders, but not all Assets.

When all Assets have been re-linked, I would do a Save_As, incrementing the Project's name, just so that you have the original Project file, untouched, in case something happens.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to reconnect to old assets on a new hard drive?
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Your best option is to make sure the new hard drive has the same drive letter assignment as the old.  Then the project will open just as it did before.