3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2011 11:29 AM by dbonnot

Photoshop CS4 won't print

dbonnot

Everything else in my suite will see the printer (an Epson R1800) but Photoshop says to use printer functions I must install a printer. I don't understand. I did have to get a special dispensation to install and activate my Adobe products because my other computer crashed and burned. I installed Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and then had to call Adobe to get them to let me activate them on this computer. InDesign and Illustrator and everything else on this computer can see the printer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS4 won't print
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Does it behave this way with any file, or just one? Maybe the print settings that are stored in the file's metadata got corrupted. One way around this is to copy > paste into a new file and print that.

If it's global you could try to reset Photoshop back to factory defaults by trashing the preferences. Hold <shift+ctrl+alt>/<shift+cmd+opt> when launching and make sure you get a confirmation dialog. SAVE OUT any custom actions, brushes etc. first!

This has nothing to do with your activation issue.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS4 won't print
            dbonnot Level 1

thanks for the ideas. It behaves this way with any file. All of the other programs on my computer can find the printer. I still have CS2 on my computer, so I have been printing out of that program. When I hold down <shift+ctrl+alt> I just get a "properties" dialog box with Security, Details, Previous Versions, General, Shortcut and Compatibility buttons. None of them allow me to reset anything.