• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Owl Orphanage: Photoshop.exe - Entry Point Not Found

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop CS5 64 bit on Windows 7.  New problem recently started.  Whenever I try and open PSCS5 I get the following error.  I then click OK and PS opens without further problem.

OWL Orphange: Photoshop.exe - Entry Point Nont Found.  The procedure entry point ONPreviewLayerRelease could not be located in the dynamic link library ONImaging.dll.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matthew Kraus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your onOne plugins are missing one of their DLLs (or possibly another third party plugin set).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, and have reinstalled my OnOne photo essentials.  It doesn't do this all the time, notably after the first time I start the program while holding crtl/alt/shift , wiping my preferences, load, shut it down, start it up again, all is well, until the next time it decides to throw out these errors.

I get one or more of these errors, the latest time I started it, got two.

The procedure entry point ONImageCreateWithPrams2 could not be located in the dynamic link library ONCore2.dll

The procedure entry point ONTileCreateWithParams could not be located in the dynamic link library ONCore2.dll

But when I click Ok ok ok, program starts up fine, and the OnOne PhotoEssentials and all the tools with it are there and functional. Also, this is only happening with PSE v10, not v9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the responses.  I found some guidance at Adobe "Troubleshoot plug-ins (Photoshop CS5 and CS4)" at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/409/kb409aas.hti.

Basically I diabled all of my plugins one by one and found ultimately the culprit and it is OnOne Perfect Resize (formerly Genuine Fractals).  The Plug-ins folder has a subfolder a folder for Perfect Resize3, I disable the file "GFFilter.8li".  Now I do not get that pesky error message, but needless to say the program doesn't work.  I'm going to call OnOne Monday and see what they say.

Thanks everyone,

Matthew Kraus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use their installer to install your copy of the plug-in?

This is the list of files put in place by OnOne Software's Perfect Resize on a Windows 7 x64 system for 64 bit Photoshop:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)

05/17/2011  09:40 AM           112,640 ONPSEmulator2.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           869,888 onOneCoreFoundation.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           505,856 ONImaging.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           101,888 ONDocument2.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           411,648 onOneWelcomeDialog.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           250,368 OnOneWidgets.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           345,088 onOneToolbox2.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM         1,198,080 icuuc42.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM         1,409,536 icuin42.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM             3,072 icudt42.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           237,568 glut32.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           147,968 ONCore2.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           272,896 glut64.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           350,720 onOnePR7ProEdCheck.dll

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\onOne

05/17/2011  09:40 AM               233 onOne Palette Config.txt
05/17/2011  09:40 AM             4,681 onOne.jsx
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           610,989 onOne.swf

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Perfect Resize 7.0 Professional Edition.plugin

05/17/2011  09:40 AM         1,145,344 GFAutomation.8li
05/17/2011  09:40 AM         3,138,560 GFFilter.8li
05/17/2011  09:40 AM         1,470,464 GFFormat.8li
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           317,440 onOneActivationToolbox.dll
05/17/2011  09:40 AM           411,648 onOneWelcomeDialog.dll

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did use their installer.  I downnloaded the current version from ther website and installed it from my desktop. 

For the "fix to get rid of the error message", I went to the folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Perfect Resize 7.0 Professional Edition.plugin

I tried disabling all the files and the only I could find that was the culprit was GFFilter.8li.

Any thoughts on how to keep the message from popping up without having to either uninstall the entire Perfect Resize program or disable the GFFilter.8li file?  Both of those "fixes" keeps the message from popping up, but does not allow me to use Perfect Resize.

Thanks,

Matthew Kraus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is going to be installing PerfectResize correctly -- if the installer isn't working, then you need to contact OnOne so they can help you fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's my plan tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shot in the dark:  Have you ever copied any plug-ins from your older version of Photoshop, or have you defined a custom Extra Plug-ins Folder in the preferences?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking a shot.  No, I've never copied plugins, all my plug ins are fresh installs.  And I've never made a custom Extra plugins Folder.  All the plugins are in the one plugins folder.

I tried to contact OnOne, but they are closed today.  My guess is they will be closed for the rest of the week.  I'll keep trying, but I expect I won't be able to connect with them till next week.  Will post their answer and hopeful resolution when I speak with them.

Thanks for all your help[.

Matthew Kraus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke with OnOne Software yesterday.  They were very nice and aware of the error message.   Apparantly there is a conflict between Perfect Resize and Perfect Effects and they haven't worked out the fix yet.  I had Pefect Resize previously installed, but in retrospect the problem began when I recently installed Perfect Effects.  They kindly gave me copy of their combined product Perfect Photo Suites 6 which includes Perfect Reize and Perfect Effects as well as a couple of other plug-ins, but this combined program doesn't have the conflict that the separate programs have.  That fixed it.

Thanks for all your help and thanks slso to OnOne SOftware.

Matthew Kraus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly started to get this.  It appears that I tried (accidentally) to reinstall the OnOne 6.2 updater, and now I get this error.  One thing that bothers me about the updater is that when it runs, there are no messages (or very few messages) on the Install Progress window - makes you wonder if it is working or not, but it appears to complete OK.

It did look, at first, as though these all worked OK with no CS5 startup error.   Further, even aftrer the error, all the OnOne Plugins appear to be working OK (I have not tested thoroughly, but they all start up and shut down as normal). So I am not sure what is causing the issue.

I have also installed both HDR Expose 2 and HDR 32 Float 2 from Unified Color Technology (the HDR company that OnOne partnered with) as well as SilverFast 8 demo version.  Over the course of the next couple of days, I will uninstall SilverFast, and possibly 32 Float and Expose, just to see if that clears the issue.  If it still persists, then I will wait for an OnOne fix.  They are usually pretty good at support, and I'll be patient, as they deserve some time off over the holidays (and I have no pressing work in progress).

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Info ...   (wasted a whole lotta time that I should not have to, if only the products and plugins that work with Photoshop would play nice together.   GRRRRR!!!)

I reversed everything I installed in the past 2 days, plus Perfect Suite as follows

Uninstalled, in order ...SilverFast 8 demo version, UCT's HDR 32 Float 2, UCT's HDR Expose 2, and OnOne Suite 6.0.2.  After all that, I tried starting Photoshop and no error.
(BTW ... the error I receive is that QtGui4.dll can not be found ... no idea what this is or why it's missing - anything on the web so far has not been helpful.)

Whew!!!  My CS5 installation is intact.  BUT:  A word of warning to anyone contemplating this course of action ... I almost "lost" my ability to license the OnOne Suite after reinstallation, but I was lucky.  Make sure you "Deactivate" each of these products before uninstalling (in the Help Menu) because failure to do so may invalidate your activation key.  Even so, I make no promises that even if you do deactivate, you may still not be able to reactivate.  You should be able to restore the ability to activate if you call or email the manufacturer's support team (OnOne, UCT, LaserSoft) but they will likely be out till Jan 3, so be careful if you need the software between now and then.

I then reinstalled the full version of Perfect Suite 6.0.2.  That is, instead of installing 6.0 + the 6.0.2 update, I installed the full version of 6.0.2 from scratch.  When I started CS5 64-bit (I no longer use 32-bit), it worked fine, with no error message at all.   So far so good.  If this is all you have installed, and are a valid license holder of OnOne Suite, this may work for you.  You have to poke around at the OnOne web site to find the full version, but it is there and it may work for you.

Next, I reinstalled UCT's HDR Expose 2 and started CS5 ... the problem returned.  I uninstalled Expose 2, and back to normal - no problem.  Whew!!!!  So, it seems that in my system, the culprit is Expose 2.  I'll be sending an email to them and we'll see what they have to say.  Again, I'll post anything I find here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Qt is a GUI toolkit/app framework from Nokia.

One of the plugins must be using Qt for their user interface, and their installer (or uninstaller) goofed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris.  Yup, that was one of the things I found.  I'll be chasing down UCT because that is the product that seems to be causing the issue with me.  But Owl Orphange?  Really?  I'll admit, it does get your attention.

BTW ... found a lot of instances of QtGui4.dll installed on my system ... Elements 8, Lasersoft's SilverFast, Topaz, OnOne Suite 6, Alien Skin (all plugins), and Unified Color Tech all use it, both 32 and 64 bit libraries.  There is some consistency of file size within a single manufacturer's version, but absolutely no consistency among manufacturers' versions.  So, not really clear what's happening, but at least there is something for the support techs to work on.

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the OWL Orphanage message comes from an error handling routine in a third party plugin.

You can try disabling one plugin group at a time to find which one is missing the library.  (just change the first character of the folder name to ~ )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've narrowed it down to the new versions of Unified Color's HDR Expose 2 and 32 Float 2.  I have uninstalled them, the error message goes away.  I install either one or both of them, the error message reappears.  I uninstall again, message goes away.

I've sent them a description and some debugging info so they ought to be able to fix it up.  To your point above, it seems that their installer probably isn't behaving and installing what it requires in the location it requires it to be in. 

We'll start there and see what happens.

Thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines