3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2011 4:16 PM by the_wine_snob

how do I delete duplicate files in organizer

fred1997

i have three of the same file in organizer how do i delete duplicates

• 1. Re: how do I delete duplicate files in organizer
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Do you wish to just Delete the reference to the file, but not the physical file?

Please let us know a bit more, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: how do I delete duplicate files in organizer
            fred1997 Level 1

I am very new at this program had it for 3 days.

In the organizer screen I have three copies of the same file .

Also I have taken some video horizontal how do I get it to be the right way up.

• 3. Re: how do I delete duplicate files in organizer
              the_wine_snob Level 9

To Delet the references to the files in Organizer, Rt-click on the icon, and choose Delete.

As for the material that was shot as portrait mode, are these Still Images, or Video?

For Still Images, it; is best to do the Rotation in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements (or similar). Once done, Save_As for those Images, and then Import them into PrE.

If Video, then you will want to Import them into your Project, and drag them to your Timeline. Then, go to the Effects Tab, and with one of the Clips Selected, choose Edit Effect. You will be taken to the Effects Control Panel and will see the Fixed Effects, such as Motion (more on this one later), Rotation, Opacity and Volume, if the Clip has Audio. Go to Rotation and just Rotate the Video.

Because Video is rectangular, and you have taken landscape Video, and now turned it 90 degrees to portrait. Notice that the rectangle is not filling the width of the Video Frame, and the top & bottom are effectively Cropped. You have a few choices:

• Leave it as it is
              • Leave the Scale the same, but use the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position to change the effecive Crop to say just the bottom
              • Use the Fixed Effect>Motion>Scale to decrease the Scale, so that the top & bottom are no longer Cropped, but the black on the sides will increase
              • Use the Fixed Effect>Motion>Scale to increase the Scale, so that the width now fills the width of the Video Frame, and either leave the effective Cropping as is, or use Effect>Motion>Position to effectively Crop the desired area

Being new to PrE, this partial List of Resources, might be helpful, especially Steve Grisetti's Basic Training Series.

Good luck,

Hunt