3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2011 4:03 PM by MW Design

INDD CS5.5- Live/Static Caption for "TIME" meta tag (eg 3:30pm)

JDavies1

Love the caption feature, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a TIME caption to a photo.  (eg. 3:30pm).   InDesign has a DATE and every other imaginatble caption option, but no TIME.  Any advice or workarounds would be greatly appricated.

Thanks in advance.

John

• 1. Re: INDD CS5.5- Live/Static Caption for "TIME" meta tag (eg 3:30pm)
          MW Design Level 4

Hello John,

You can define the time variable (Type | Text Variables | Define). Once you create the pattern for the variable, such as h:mm aa that displays for example 5:31 PM, you can then choose to insert it wherever.

You can make the variable a static time (in this case) or let it update (default attribute I believe). Now, this is only the second time I have started ID...so I suspect someone else will have more accurate advice.

Take care, Mike

• 2. Re: INDD CS5.5- Live/Static Caption for "TIME" meta tag (eg 3:30pm)
            JDavies1 Level 1

MikeWenzloff wrote:

Hello John,

You can define the time variable (Type | Text Variables | Define). Once you create the pattern for the variable, such as h:mm aa that displays for example 5:31 PM, you can then choose to insert it wherever.

You can make the variable a static time (in this case) or let it update (default attribute I believe). Now, this is only the second time I have started ID...so I suspect someone else will have more accurate advice.

Take care, Mike

Thanks Mike,

Setting a time variable (Type | Text Variables | Define) is nice, but I'll need a variable that references the photo's meta data.... The goal is to create a  photo book in which each photo has a time caption (5:31PM).

John

• 3. Re: INDD CS5.5- Live/Static Caption for "TIME" meta tag (eg 3:30pm)
              MW Design Level 4

Hi John--sorry I didn't understand.

Edit Text Variable_000029.jpg

I think this is what you desire.

Take care, Mike