4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2008 6:50 PM by Nor08

Disable close buttonof the flash projector

Nor08
      Does anybody knows how to disable the close button ('X') at the the top right of the flash projector window. I don't want the user to close my flash program while it is running. Thanks in advanced.
        • 1. Re: Disable close buttonof the flash projector
          theTraveler3 Level 1
          Never seen that done before. I could imagine it would be a security issue if the user was not allowed to close the app.
          One option is to use:

fscommand("fullscreen", true);

Which will launch your file in fullscreen mode and they won't even see the close button.
          They can exit by pressing escape, or alternatively you could make a button which closes the app.
          • 2. Re: Disable close buttonof the flash projector
            Nor08 Level 1
            Thanks for the reply theTraveler3. But, I don't want to make it full screen because the only thing I have on the screen is the text that says "Checking for updates....". Actually I'm using flash to run php script which checks data on a server for updates. I uses Flash because I want to make it executable and therefore can be scheduled using the window scheduler.

I don't want the user to close the application while it is updating the database. That's why I want the 'X' button to be disabled while the application is running. The user doesn't have to worry about closing the application because it will close automatically when it's done with the updating task. Have any idea how I can disable the 'X' button?
            • 3. Re: Disable close buttonof the flash projector
              Level 7
              You can use FlashJester Jugglor to make the Window Borderless.

Download a FREE evaluation copy of Jugglor from

http://www.jugglor.com

Then go to

Setup Settings -> Windows Settings -> Caption and border -> No Border

Try it.

Hope it helps.

Regards
              FlashJester Support Team

e. - support@flashjester.com
              w. - www.flashjester.com

"This has been one of the most impressive and thoroughly pleasant
              experiences of customer support I have ever come across - astounding!"
              Director - hedgeapple

• 4. Re: Disable close buttonof the flash projector
                Nor08 Level 1
                Thanks for the suggestion. However, preferably, I hope someone who knows how to disable the close button could share his knowledge here. Anybody?