1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2011 12:43 PM by Peter Spier

Many files not removed after uninstalling InDesign CS 5

reed256a

About a month ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of InDesign CS 5 on my desktop computer, which runs under Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3. I believe that as a result of downloading and installing InDesign, there was a dramatic increase in the number of files on my computer that my virus checker scans – the number of files increased from about 300,000 to about 600,000, with a corresponding doubling of the time required for a scan.

A few days ago, just before the expiration of the 30-day trial, I uninstalled InDesign, using Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs. The uninstall seemed to go well, but the number of files scanned by my virus checker has remained very high, and it’s apparent that many of the files being scanned belong to CS5, judging from the names of the files, or the directories where they reside. Prior to this trial download, I have had only Photoshop CS 3 on my machine.

Is there a way I can remove the new (and now unneeded) files that seem to have arrived with this trial download?

Thanks,

Reed