• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I successfully downloaded an EPUB book, but it won't let me read it on my NOOK, why?

Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I borrowed a book from my library's online eBook selection and successfully got it to ADE. After that I finally got it to my NOOK. Then when I opened it it said: Error Dialog User not activated. Is it because either my computer or NOOK is not authorized? If so I already authorized by computer and I'm not sure about my NOOK but it does show up in ADE. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!

This worked for a lot of people (sadly not me) and maybe it will work for you:

1. Plug in your nook via USB cord
  2. Go to “My Computer” (or finder on the Mac) and click on the Nook drive.
  3. Find and delete the “.adobe-digital-editions file." and the "Digital Editions file"  (if you have a mac, you'll need to open a terminal window to find the first file.  'search show hidden files on mac' on google and you'll find the instructions)
  4. Close ADE
  5. Restart ADE
  6. Your Nook should now be visible to ADE
  7. Nook will be visible
  8. Click “Authorize Device”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that doesn't work , try this (it has a few more extra steps)

1) plug in your nook via USB and delete the digital editions folders.

2) properly eject and unplug your nook from your computer.

3) uninstall ADE and then reinstall ADE from the website (surprise! there is a 2.0 version out there...this is the underlying issue, i think)

4) delete any library books from ADE but don't return them (right click on the books and say remove from library  don't use the return feature.  if you return them, you'll have to reborrow.  deleting them doesn't do anything except dissassociate them from ADE. i read somwhere that the next step wipes out the lending info from ADE, so i did this just in case that meant it would return my items.  this step may be entirely unnecessary, but better safe than sorry).

5) once you open the new version of ADE, hit control+shift+d.  it will ask you if you want to erase your previous authorization FOR YOUR COMPUTER. you do, so say yes.  once you remove your previous authorization for your computer, then go to help...authorize computer.  put in your adobeID information.  this will reauthorize your computer to use ADE.

6) plug in your nook via USB.  once you see it appear in the ADE bookshelves, clik on the little gear icon (settings) and click on authorizedevice.  it'll reauthorize your nook with the new nook software version andthe new ADE software version.

7) redownload your library books (if you followed step 4) and transfer them to your nook as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines