Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard is not displayed when clicked on the Text Input

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every body,

When I click on the text input, I don't see the mobile keyboard appear automatically. Do I need to call it manually?

Please help me out.

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help you more guys in troubleshoote the issue, here is the attached snapshot.emulator_snapshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...

If it helps, i can tell you I have used about 10 different android devices and a few iOS devices with Air. The soft keyboard always pops up automatically as log as it's an input text field. What device and Air version are you using?

Is it an input text box?

do you possibly have anything above it? perhaps something else in the way of the touch event where its not actually hitting the textfield itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I'm testing this in the emulator. Could that be the cause? Please let me know?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont know about the emulator, but I recently noticed if I am running a debug version of an app on my android phone and the debugger is not tied in, the softkeyboard does not auto pop up. Hardware keyboard events also are not working.

If the debug app is tied into the remote debugger.. it works as expected.

anway release builds work fine so i wouldnt worry about it.. although i'm sure your all set by now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines