3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2011 10:18 AM by Frustrated in AZ

E-Book won't read on Hanvon E-Reader

dommgraham

ADE recognizes my Hanvon E-Reader and I can successfully drag an E-book over to the left and place it onto my E-reader. It downloads and everything appears to be fine, and I can even click on my device and open the E-book I've put there. But, when I disconnect the E-reader from the computer and try to open the e-pub file it always says there is an error. I've tried as many ways as I can think of, but my E-reader won't open any file that was downloaded using ADE. Any advice please?

• 1. Re: E-Book won't read on Hanvon E-Reader
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

This could be a result of pulling the plug on the ereader before it has

finished updating itself.

The normal sequence is to close ADE first, then watch the screen on your

ereader to make sure that it finishes updating before you unplug it from

your computer.  When it's finished, you can 'eject' it from your computer,

either by using Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) or by using the

icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your Windows screen....

==================

• 2. Re: E-Book won't read on Hanvon E-Reader
            dommgraham Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I tried this however and unfortunately it made no difference. The file is fully loaded on the E-reader but when it is disconnected from ADE it is unable to open it. Could this be because of DRM which won't let the E-reader open the file?

• 3. Re: E-Book won't read on Hanvon E-Reader
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Sorry that the process didn't work.  To answer your other question, if the

digital rights would not allow copying, then ADE would have told you so,

and would not have copied it to your ereader.  My guess at this point is

that the files you did copy are corrupted.  I don't know how you remove the

ebook from your ereader, but you could try to delete it and then try to

reload it.

One thing we haven't touched on is the exact model of ereader you have.

Click HERE <http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices> to

see the list of supported devices.  If your ereader is shown in the list,

then ADE 'should' be able to do the transfer correctly.  It's possible that

ADE could do a transfer to your ereader even if it's not in the list, but

there's no guarantee that it would work - kinda like the current situation?

=========