5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2012 9:48 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Public Library ebooks not in ADE Library View

Schypha22

Hello -- I am having a strange issue this morning.

Up until today I have been using a first generation nook to download public library books via ADE. I have never had any issues in the past and the last I downloaded a book successfully was last week. Today, I plugged in my new nook tablet and when prompted authorized it in ADE. When I downloaded an ebook from my library it showed up in the reading pane but when I switched over to the library pane it did not show up and when I go back to the reading pane the book is no longer there. I tried downloading several different books from my library and they all the do the same thing. This is only happening with my library epub books. other epub books that I bought are transferring over with no issues.

I am using Windows XP with IE 8. Nothing has changed on my system and I am cumbuddled about how to resolve this issue.

Thanks --- Bren

• 1. Re: Public Library ebooks not in ADE Library View
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

When you download an ebook, you're given a choice whether to OPEN or SAVE

it.  If you OPEN the ebook, ADE will open it in Reading mode.  If you SAVE

it, ADE will display its title in Library mode, on the bookshelf.

The ebook is on your computer, and you 'should' be able to see it in

Reading mode, at least as a line that shows you're reading it.  If you want

to put the ebook into your library, you can look in the Digital Editions

folder, and find the entry for it.  Then, with ADE in Library mode, you can

put your cursor on the small down arrow next to the word 'Library', and

select the 'Add Item To Library' entry from the drop-down menu.  Then, do a

browse to the location and name of the ebook, and press OK.  The title

should appear now in ADE's Library pane.

Hope this helps!

==========

• 2. Re: Public Library ebooks not in ADE Library View
            Schypha22 Level 1

No -- That didn't help either

I am noticing that when I download to the reading pane that the file path is pointing to local settings/temporary internet files instead of the ade library folder. I even saved the file and dragged and dropped into the library and it still will not show up.

• 3. Re: Public Library ebooks not in ADE Library View
              Schypha22 Level 1

Let me clarify that a little more. I clicked save when downloading and saved it to the ADE library (I see it there) but is still will not open in the library pane. When I double clisk the book from the library it will open in the reading pane -- But not show in the library.

• 4. Re: Public Library ebooks not in ADE Library View
                mdulina1

You're farther ahead then I am.  How do I download a publlic library book to ADE?  My library's instructions say to "Login to Overdirve."  I don't see anywhere to do that, or to even login on my ADE.  It just opens to selecting books to open/read/transfer.

• 5. Re: Public Library ebooks not in ADE Library View
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Your situation sounds like you need help from the library's technical

support.  I have no idea what they're assuming you should do and what

software they assume you use....

==============