1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2011 9:05 AM by Mylenium

old .aep file open crashing?

Murat Ozgul Level 1

I have old version .aep files I want to open it but when I try to open every time crash my AE CS5.5! I dont understand AE first pop up saying it will be open with untitle project I click ok than second pop up layer dependencies are missing : Text layer font familly "" font style: "". I click ok than crashed give it this pop up "

Reproduction Steps: A copy of your project was saved at: /Users/muratozgul/Desktop/After Effects Crash_1.aep.

Last log message was: <140735141501280> <ASL.ResourceUtils.GetLanguageIDFromRegistry> <0> Unable to obtain the User 'Language' registry key at: Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\ Defaulting to 'en_US'."

But after trying 10 times or 20 times than opening. I dont understand anything.

I add Crash Data belown:

• 1. Re: old .aep file open crashing?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, unless you know which font it's referring to, this is probably not going to get any better. most of these crashes relate to very old PostScript fonts no longer supported on OSX, but it's impossible to tell. As a minor, try opening the project with Capslock on, perhaps this will work...

Mylenium