1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2011 10:26 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Downloading Problem - PRS 650

krosenback

I used to have my Sony library on a different computer.  I no longer have access to that computer and now when I try to download books already purchased from Kobo, I receive the following error message:  IDS_ERR_MSG_DOWNLOADEDBYANOTHERUSER.  When I contact Sony they told me the problem was with Kobo.  Kobo told me the problem is with Adobe.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

• 1. Re: Downloading Problem - PRS 650
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

None of the answers you got are entirely accurate.  When an ebook is

downloaded, the site appends a small file to it that identifies who

downloaded it.  All is well as long as the user ID's match up.  However, as

in your situation, when you change computers, the identifier file will be

accessed and your current user ID and the former one may not match.  ADE is

sensitive to this situation, and won't let you transfer files unless your

Adobe ID and the ebook's ID match up (because of copyright law).

You don't 'fix' this problem.  What you can do is to try to download the

ebooks again to your ADE library this time, and then transfer them to your

PRS-650.  Try contacting SONY to see if they'll let you do that.  Keep in

mind that, when you set up the PRS-650 with SONY, they presume that they

will be the main source of downloads directly to your 'Reader Library' on

your computer.  When I set up my SONY ereader, there was a step in the

process where I could tell them that I wanted to be able to get ebooks from

other sources.

=============