6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 9:35 AM by Harm Millaard

Audition & PPro 5.0 question

RobertBoy

If I get Audition, will I be able to edit from within PPro like I do now with Soundbooth, or will I have to upgrade to PPro 5.5?  I am using Win7.

• 1. Re: Audition & PPro 5.0 question
          JAKE JONSON Level 1

Would you state exactly what your desired workflow is?  However, I believe the answer is yes.

• 2. Re: Audition & PPro 5.0 question
            davidbeisner2010 Level 3

I'm not sure it will be a quick back-and-forth thing like it is in 5.5 and with Soundbooth in 5.0 (i.e., I'm not sure you can right click a clip and get the option to send to Audition), but at the very least you'll be able to export your clips as audio only, import them to audition, do your work, and export new audio files to link to your video in PrPro...

• 3. Re: Audition & PPro 5.0 question
              RobertBoy Level 1

PPro 5.0 does have an option when I right click.  It is just above the choice to "edit in Soundbooth", but it is greyed out.  I am assuming I will need to get Audition 5.0 for it to work like it does now with SB and PPro 5.0.

• 4. Re: Audition & PPro 5.0 question
                JAKE JONSON Level 1

The requirement is that you have to have either the Adobe Master Collection or the Production Premium suite.  Then you'll have the 'Edit in Audition' pick in the right-click menu.  I have one of these and I'm seeing it in my right-click menu.  It allows round-trip editing of your audio from PPro. 

• 5. Re: Audition & PPro 5.0 question
                  RobertBoy Level 1

I do have Master Collection CS5.0, but it only includes Soundbooth and not Audition.  I use the round-trip editing with SB, but wanted to try out Audition without having to upgrade to 5.5.  PPro 5.0 does have an option for Audition (as mentioned in my previous post), but it's still greyed out.

I downloaded an Audition 5.5 trial and installed it and tried it for a short time.  Then, I opened PPro 5.0 and the Audition option is still greyed out.  I am assuming I need Audition 5.0 for this to work or Master Collection 5.5 which includes Audition.

I can either do as davidb mentions, or wait for CS6, as I am not going to upgrade to 5.5.  BTW, I tried to export audio from PPro 5.0, then open in SB, make some changes and save, the import into PPro and add it to the original video track.  The audio was now not in synch with the video.  All this to say that I will continue to use SB, and wait for CS6.  I just wanted to update my progress in case anybody else has this question.

• 6. Re: Audition & PPro 5.0 question
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

You can only use the Edit in Audition with versions of Audition that where available when your version of CS5 came out. For CS5 that means Audition CS3, for CS5.5 that means Audition CS5.5.