2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2008 11:09 PM by ctzn99

Flex Designer Snap Grid

ctzn99 Level 1
      I've looked and looked but I can't find a setting anywhere... anybody know if there is a way to change the default snapping distance for controls when using the flex builder designer?

For example: I place one label and then want to place another label underneath it, flex builder will try and help me place it by "snapping" it 10 units below my first label but really I want all these labels to be 7 units from each other.
        • 1. Re: Flex Designer Snap Grid
          slaingod Level 1
          Design mode sometimes seems like the ******* step child of Flex Builder at times. It really is pretty basic. I mean, why can't I resize a control that exceeds the bounds of the canvas? Why can't I just place a control outside the canvas, if that is what I want to do? Why are there no x/y/h/w info for the cursor/control Half the tie it just stops working for me once my mxml or project reaches a certain size. Etc. etc. That said, I usually find it easiest to just move things around with arrow keys and shift arrow keys.
          • 2. Re: Flex Designer Snap Grid
            ctzn99 Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: slaingod
            Design mode sometimes seems like the ******* step child of Flex Builder at times.

I sometimes wonder if that's a result of simply being a custom verion of eclipse... although i've seen some pretty cool stuff done with eclipse...

quote:

Originally posted by: slaingod
            That said, I usually find it easiest to just move things around with arrow keys and shift arrow keys.

Sigh, this is usually what I do as well. I can dream can't I...